The Fletcher Fellowship is a one-year, paid fellowship that is structured to fulfill the current interests of the organization while supporting the personal development of the fellow. The Fletcher Fellow will work closely with staff and partner organizations to support efforts in grants management, communications, and research. The fellow will also have the opportunity to co-lead a special project that aligns with the Foundation’s goals, vision, and mission. The role requires project management, research, digital management, and savviness in interpersonal relations.
- Grantmaking Support – The fellow will be responsible for further developing grantee-funder relationships by attending grantee events throughout the year, conducting occasional site visits and measuring progress and outcomes through grant reporting.
- Communications – Managing AJF social media and website, producing content, and running our grantee spotlight program.
- Fellow Project – The fellow will help co-lead a special project in partnership with one of our grantees. The project will be based on the current needs of the foundation and partners.
- Administrative Tasks – The fellow will assist with administrative projects, reporting, and assisting staff with routine organizational management.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (e.g. communications, journalism, public policy, political science, anthropology, sociology, etc.).
- A desire to work in philanthropy, public policy, nonprofit, and/or social sector.
- Interest in social justice, community engagement, service, and/or local development.
- Ability to independently manage project workflow and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills, confidence, poise.
- Ability to work well with team members.
- Respect for diverse communities.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and social media skills.