AJF Fellowship Program
The Fletcher Fellowship is a two-year, paid fellowship that is structured to fulfill the current interests of the organization while supporting the personal development of the fellow. The Fletcher Fellow will work closely with staff and partner organizations to support efforts in communications (creating content to share, writing newsletters and press releases, and working with media organizations), digital strategy, grants management, research, and planning. The role requires proficient communication skills, project management, and savviness in interpersonal relations. This position is full-time starting Summer 2019, and based in our office located in Raleigh, NC.
Eligible candidates must be natives or residents of North Carolina and/or graduates of an accredited North Carolina college or university. Successful candidates will possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal; the ability to work on multiple tasks; a sense of responsibility and self-motivation; willingness to work well with team members; and respect for diverse communities and leadership.
- Communications: Managing AJF digital presence, creating newsletters, presentations, and producing content for internal and external audiences.
- Grantmaking Support: Developing grantee-funder relationships by attending grantee events throughout the year, conducting occasional site visits, drafting grant agreements, and measuring progress and outcomes through grant reporting.
- Research: Executing research projects designed to provide data analysis for the foundation and enhance the fellow’s research skills.
- Administrative Tasks: Assisting with administrative projects, reporting, and assisting staff with routine organizational management.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally.
- Proficient with web publishing, social media, and online communication skills.
- Strong conceptual, strategic, and organizational planning skills.
- Ability to work in a complex environment requiring significant collaboration.
- Ability to generate new ideas and approaches, handle shifting priorities, and rapid change.
- Strong writing/editing and analytical skills.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information.
- Curiosity regarding philanthropy’s role in the community and desire to work with non-profit organizations.
- Sound judgement, self-discipline, and flexibility.
We are no longer accepting applications for our 2019-2021 fellowship. If you have any questions or concerns, please email our current fellow at email@example.com.
A.J. Fletcher Foundation
909 Glenwood Avenue, Raleigh, NC 27605