AJF Fellowship Program
The Fletcher Fellowship Program identifies, develops, and networks recent college graduates who aspire to be amongst the next generation of social sector leaders in North Carolina.
The Fletcher Fellowship is a project-based role that is structured to fulfill the current interests of the organization and includes an individual development plan with mentoring by senior NC social sector leaders, peer learning, and networking. The Fletcher Fellow will primarily work on projects that support the organization’s goal to amplify grantees’ voices in public spaces. This person will work closely with staff and partner organizations to support efforts in communications including creating website and social media content, producing our podcast series, and writing press releases. The role requires savviness in research, planning, and digital strategy and assistance on occasional administrative projects. This is a one-year position that includes competitive compensation: $37,000 annual salary, paid holidays and vacation, employee benefits, and a professional development allowance. Fellows work full-time from our offices based in Raleigh, NC starting in August.
Who We’re Looking For
A recent college graduate who seeks to dedicate their career to creating social value and fostering innovation in the NC social sector. All applicants must demonstrate:
- Interest in social justice, community engagement, service, and/or local development.
- Desire to work in philanthropy, public policy, nonprofit, and/or social sector.
- Exceptional project management experience and ability to independently manage project workflow and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, confidence, poise.
- Ability to work well with team members.
- Respect for diverse communities.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of web-based tools including Google Apps.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and social media skills.
Ideal candidate possesses a degree in one of the social sciences (specifically communication, journalism, public policy, political science, anthropology, and/or sociology) or computer science (with focus on digital media/storytelling). People of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Applications for the 2018-19 fellowship will go live at the end of January 2018. Interested candidates should apply by March 1, 2018. (see link to application below). We will start reviewing applications immediately, so it’s best to submit materials as soon as possible.
No phone calls please. Email email@example.com with any questions you may have.Apply Online
Our Previous Fellows
|Fellow||Years Served||Current Location||Position|
|Yemi Adewuyi||2016-17||Harvard University||Law Student|
|Leah Catotti||2015-16||WISER International||Managing Director of Operations & Strategy|
A.J. Fletcher Foundation
909 Glenwood Avenue, Raleigh, NC 27605